Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thing 23: Reflections . . .

This Voicethread reflects on what I've learned through my K12learning2.0 class (in a very small way). What I will pursue from here is very definitely is keeping current with the many Web 2.0 programs that are coming out all the time. I'm like a child at Christmas every time I visit that website. I also want to keep finding ways to share that technology both with peers and family; it can only enhance lives.

The thing I have to keep cautioning myself about, however, is not to allow technology to take over my classroom. My one techno-weakness is to introduce so many new technologies or websites to my students that they sometimes feel overwhelmed, and even say, "Not another new login?" When a teenager complains about too much face time on a computer, I know that I've overloaded their circuits.

No comments: